WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
1. About the Website
1. 1.Welcome to http://www.deweymister.com.au (the ‘Website’). The Website provides you with an opportunity to browse and purchase various products that have been listed for sale through the Website (the ‘Products’). The Website provides this service by way of granting you access to the content on the Website (the ‘Purchase Services’).
1. 2. The Website is operated by Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd. PTY. LTD. (ACN 55 643 321 831). Access to and use of the Website, or any of its associated Products or Services, is provided by Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd. Please read these terms and conditions (the ‘Terms’) carefully. By using, browsing, and/or reading the Website, this signifies that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by the Terms. If you do not agree with the Terms, you must cease usage of the Website, or any of Services, immediately.
1. 3.Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd. reserves the right to review and change any of the Terms by updating this page at its sole discretion. When Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd. updates the Terms, it will use reasonable endeavors to provide you with notice of updates to the Terms. Any changes to the Terms take immediate effect from the date of their publication. Before you continue, we recommend you keep a copy of the Terms for your records.
2. Acceptance of the Terms
You accept the Terms by remaining on the Website. You may also accept the Terms by clicking to accept or agree to the Terms where this option is made available to you by Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd. in the user interface.
3. Registration to use the Purchase Services
3. 1.In order to access the Purchase Services, you must first register as a user of the Website. As part of the registration process, or as part of your continued use of the Purchase Services, you may be required to provide personal information about yourself (such as identification or contact details), including:
(a) Email address
(b) Preferred username
(c) Mailing address
(d) Telephone number
3. 2.You warrant that any information you give to Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd. in the course of completing the registration process will always be accurate, correct, and up to date.
3. 3.Once you have completed the registration process, you will be a registered member of the Website (‘Member’) and agree to be bound by the Terms. As a Member, you will be granted immediate access to the Purchase Services.
3. 4.You may not use the Purchase Services and may not accept the Terms if:
(a) you are not of legal age to form a binding contract with Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd.; or
(b) you are a person barred from receiving the Purchase Services under the laws of Australia or other countries including the country in which you are resident or from which you use the Purchase Services.
4. Your obligations as a Member
4. 1.As a Member, you agree to comply with the following:
You will use the Purchase Services only for purposes that are permitted by:
(a) the Terms;
(b) any applicable law, regulation, or generally accepted practices or guidelines in the relevant jurisdictions;
(c) you have the sole responsibility for protecting the confidentiality of your password and/or email address. Use of your password by any other person may result in the immediate cancellation of the Purchase Services;
(d) any use of your registration information by any other person, or third parties, is strictly prohibited. You agree to immediately notify Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd. of any unauthorized use of your password or email address or any breach of security of which you have become aware;
(e) access and use of the Website is limited, non-transferable, and allows for the sole use of the Website by you for the purposes of Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd. providing the Purchase Services;
(f) you will not use the Purchase Services or Website for any illegal and/or unauthorized use which includes collecting email addresses of Members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorized framing of or linking to the Website;
(g) you agree that commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed from the Website without notice and may result in termination of the Purchase Services. Appropriate legal action will be taken by Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd. for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Website; and
(h) you acknowledge and agree that any automated use of the Website or its Purchase Services is prohibited.
5. Purchase of Products and Returns Policy
5. 1.In using the Purchase Services to purchase the Product through the Website, you will agree to the payment of the purchase price listed on the Website for the Product (the ‘Purchase Price’).
5. 2.Payment of the Purchase Price may be made through Square (the ‘Payment Gateway Provider’)
5. 3.Following payment of the Purchase Price being confirmed by Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd., you will be issued with a receipt to confirm that the payment has been received and Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd. may record your purchase details for future use.
5. 4.Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd. may, at their sole discretion, provide a refund on the return of the Products within 14 days where the Product packaging is unopened and remains in a saleable condition. You acknowledge and agree that you are liable for any postage and shipping costs associated with any refund pursuant to this clause.
6. 1.Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd.’s Products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure of the Product and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the Products repaired or replaced if the Products fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure (the ‘Warranty’).
6. 2.You may make a claim under this clause (the ‘ Warranty Claim’) for material defects and workmanship in the Products within 12 months from the date of purchase (the ‘ Warranty Period’).
6. 3.In order to make a Warranty Claim during the Warranty Period, you must provide proof of purchase to Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd. showing the date of purchase of the Products, provide a description of the Products and the price paid for the Products by sending written notice to Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd. at Po Box 3712, South Brisbane BC, Queensland, 4101 or by email at [email protected]
6. 4. Where the Warranty Claim is accepted then Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd. will, at its sole discretion, either repair or replace any defective Products or part thereof with a new or remanufactured equivalent during the Warranty Period at no charge to you for parts or labor. You acknowledge and agree that you will be solely liable for any postage or shipping costs incurred in facilitating the Warranty Claim.
6. 5. The Warranty shall be the sole and exclusive warranty granted by Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd. and shall be the sole and exclusive remedy available to you in addition to other rights and under a law in relation to the Products to which this warranty relates.
6. 6. All implied warranties including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for use are limited to the Warranty Period.
6. 7.The Warranty does not apply to any appearance of the supplied Products nor to the additional excluded items set forth below nor to any supplied Products where the exterior of which has been damaged or defaced, which has been subjected to misuse, abnormal service or handling, or which has been altered or modified in design or construction.
7. 1.You acknowledge that the Purchase Services offered by Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd. integrate delivery (the ‘ Delivery Services’) through the use of third-party delivery companies (the ‘ Delivery Service Providers’).
7. 2.In providing the Purchase Services, Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd. may provide you with a variety of delivery and insurance options offered as part of the Delivery Services by the Delivery Service Providers. You acknowledge and agree that Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd. is not the provider of these delivery and insurance options and merely facilitates your interaction with the Delivery Service Providers in respect to providing the Delivery Services.
7. 3.In the event that an item is lost or damaged in the course of the Delivery Services, Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd. asks that you:
(a) contact the Delivery Service Provider directly to request a refund or to claim on any insurance options available; and
(b) contact us by sending an email to [email protected] outlining in what way the Products were damaged in transit so we are able to determine if the Delivery Service Provider should be removed from the Purchase Services.
8. Copyright and Intellectual Property
8. 1.The Website, the Purchase Services, and all of the related products of Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd. are subject to copyright. The material on the Website is protected by copyright under the laws of Australia and through international treaties. Unless otherwise indicated, all rights (including copyright) in the site content and compilation of the website (including text, graphics, logos, button icons, video images, audio clips, and software) (the ‘Content’) are owned or controlled for these purposes and are reserved by Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd. or its contributors.
8. 2.Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd. retains all rights, title, and interest in and to the Website and all related content. Nothing you do on or in relation to the Website will transfer to you:
(a) the business name, trading name, domain name, trademark, industrial design, patent, registered design or copyright of Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd.; or
(b) the right to use or exploit a business name, trading name, domain name, trademark or industrial design; or
(c) a system or process that is the subject of a patent, registered design, or copyright (or an adaptation or modification of such a system or process).
8. 3.You may not, without the prior written permission of Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd. and the permission of any other relevant rights owners: broadcast, republish, up-load to a third party, transmit, post, distribute, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the Content or third party content for any purpose. This prohibition does not extend to materials on the Website, which are freely available for re-use or are in the public domain.
10. General Disclaimer
10. 1. You acknowledge that Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd. does not make any terms, guarantees, warranties, representations, or conditions whatsoever regarding the Products other than those provided for pursuant to these Terms.
10. 2. Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd. will make every effort to ensure a Product is accurately depicted on the Website, however, you acknowledge that sizes, colors, and packaging may differ from what is displayed on the Website.
10. 3. Nothing in these Terms limits or excludes any guarantees, warranties, representations, or conditions implied or imposed by law, including the Australian Consumer Law (or any liability under them) which by law may not be limited or excluded.
10. 4. Subject to this clause, and to the extent permitted by law:
(a) all terms, guarantees, warranties, representations, or conditions which are not expressly stated in these Terms are excluded; and
(b) Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd. will not be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential loss or damage (unless such loss or damage is reasonably foreseeable resulting from our failure to meet any applicable Consumer Guarantee), loss of profit, or opportunity, or damage to goodwill arising out of or in connection with the Purchase Services or these Terms (including as a result of not being able to use the Purchase Services or the late supply of the Purchase Services), whether at common law, under contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, pursuant to statute or otherwise.
10. 5. Use of the Website, the Purchase Services, and any of the products of Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd. (including the Delivery Services), is at your own risk. Everything on the Website, the Purchase Services, and the Products of Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd., are provided to you on an “as is” and “as available” basis, without warranty or condition of any kind. None of the affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contributors, third party content providers or licensors of Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd. (including any third party where the Delivery Services are made available to you) make any express or implied representation or warranty about its Content or any products or Purchase Services (including the products or Purchase Services of Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd.) referred to on the Website. This includes (but is not restricted to) loss or damage you might suffer as a result of any of the following:
(a) failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, failure to correct defects, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or other harmful components, loss of data, communication line failure, unlawful third party conduct, or theft, destruction, alteration or unauthorized access to records;
(b) the accuracy, suitability, or currency of any information on the Website, the Purchase Service, or any of its Content related products (including third party material and advertisements on the Website);
(c) costs incurred as a result of you using the Website, the Purchase Services, or any of the Products;
(d) the Content or operation in respect to links which are provided for the User’s convenience;
(e) any failure to complete a transaction or any loss arising from e-commerce transacted on the Website; or
(f) any defamatory, threatening, offensive, or unlawful conduct of third parties or publication of any materials relating to or constituting such conduct.
11. Limitation of Liability
11. 1. Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd.’s total liability arising out of or in connection with the Purchase Services or these Terms, however arising, including under contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, under statute or otherwise, will not exceed the most recent Purchase Price paid by you under these Terms or where you have not paid the Purchase Price, then the total liability of Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd. is the resupply of the information or Purchase Services to you.
11. 2. You expressly understand and agree that Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd., its affiliates, employees, agents, contributors, third party content providers, and licensors shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special consequential, or exemplary damages which may be incurred by you, however, caused and under any theory of liability. This shall include, but is not limited to, any loss of profit (whether incurred directly or indirectly), any loss of goodwill or business reputation, and any other intangible loss.
11. 3. Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd. is not responsible or liable in any manner for any site content (including the Content and Third Party Content) posted on the Website or in connection with the Purchase Services, whether posted or caused by users of the website of Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd., by third parties or by any of the Purchase Services offered by Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd.
11. 4. You acknowledge that Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd. does not provide the Delivery Services to you and you agree that Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd. will not be liable to you for any special, indirect, or consequential loss or damage, loss of profit or opportunity, or damage to goodwill arising out of or in connection with the Delivery Services.
12. Termination of Contract
12. 1. The Terms will continue to apply until terminated by either you or by Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd. as set out below.
12. 2. If you want to terminate the Terms, you may do so by:
(a) notifying Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd. at any time; and
(b) closing your accounts for all of the Purchase Services which you use, where Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd. has made this option available to you.
Your notice should be sent, in writing, to Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd. via the ‘Contact Us’ link on our homepage.
12. 3. Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd. may at any time, terminate the Terms with you if:
(a) you have breached any provision of the Terms or intend to breach any provision;
(b) Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd. is required to do so by law;
(c) the partner with whom Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd. offered the Purchase Services to you has terminated its relationship with Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd. or ceased to offer the Purchase Services to you;
(d) Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd. is transitioning to no longer providing the Purchase Services to Users in the country in which you are resident or from which you use the service; or
(e) the provision of the Purchase Services to you by Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd. is, in the opinion of Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd., no longer commercially viable.
12. 4. Subject to local applicable laws, Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd. reserves the right to discontinue or cancel your membership to the Website at any time and may suspend or deny, in its sole discretion, your access to all or any portion of the Website or the Purchase Services without notice if you breach any provision of the Terms or any applicable law or if your conduct impacts Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd.’s name or reputation or violates the rights of those of another party.
12. 5. When the Terms come to an end, all of the legal rights, obligations, and liabilities that you and Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd. have benefited from, been subject to (or which have accrued over time whilst the Terms have been in force) or which are expressed to continue indefinitely, shall be unaffected by this cessation, and the provisions of this clause shall continue to apply to such rights, obligations and liabilities indefinitely.
13. 1. You agree to indemnify Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd., its affiliates, employees, agents, contributors, third party content providers, and licensors from and against:
(a) all actions, suits, claims, demands, liabilities, costs, expenses, loss, and damage (including legal fees on a full indemnity basis) incurred, suffered, or arising out of or in connection with any Content you post through the Website;
(b) any direct or indirect consequences of you accessing, using, or transacting on the Website or attempts to do so and any breach by you or your agents of these Terms; and/or
(c) any breach of the Terms.
14. Dispute Resolution
14. 1. Compulsory:
If a dispute arises out of or relates to the Terms, either party may not commence any Tribunal or Court proceedings in relation to the dispute, unless the following clauses have been complied with (except where urgent interlocutory relief is sought).
A party to the Terms claiming a dispute (‘Dispute’) has arisen under the Terms, must give written notice to the other party detailing the nature of the dispute, the desired outcome, and the action required to settle the Dispute.
On receipt of that notice (‘Notice’) by that other party, the parties to the Terms (‘Parties’) must:
(a) Within 14 days of the Notice endeavor in good faith to resolve the Dispute expeditiously by negotiation or such other means upon which they may mutually agree;
(b) If for any reason whatsoever, 14 days after the date of the Notice, the Dispute has not been resolved, the Parties must either agree upon selection of a mediator or request that an appropriate mediator be appointed by the President of the www.amr.asn.au or his or her nominee;
(c) The Parties are equally liable for the fees and reasonable expenses of a mediator and the cost of the venue of the mediation and without limiting the foregoing undertake to pay any amounts requested by the mediator as a pre-condition to the mediation commencing. The Parties must each pay their own costs associated with the mediation;
(d) The mediation will be held Online, Australia.
All communications concerning negotiations made by the Parties arising out of and in connection with this dispute resolution clause are confidential and to the extent possible, must be treated as “without prejudice” negotiations for the purpose of applicable laws of evidence.
14. 5. Termination of Mediation:
If 1 month has elapsed after the start of a mediation of the Dispute and the Dispute has not been resolved, either Party may ask the mediator to terminate the mediation and the mediator must do so.
15. Venue and Jurisdiction
The Purchase Services offered by Dewey Mister Australia Pty. Ltd. are intended to be viewed by residents of Australia. In the event of any dispute arising out of or in relation to the Website, you agree that the exclusive venue for resolving any dispute shall be in the courts of Queensland, Australia.
16. Governing Law
The Terms are governed by the laws of Queensland, Australia. Any dispute, controversy, proceeding or claim of whatever nature arising out of or in any way relating to the Terms and the rights created hereby shall be governed, interpreted and construed by, under and pursuant to the laws of Queensland, Australia, without reference to conflict of law principles, notwithstanding mandatory rules. The validity of this governing law clause is not contested. The Terms shall be binding to the benefit of the parties hereto and their successors and assigns.
17. Independent Legal Advice
Both parties confirm and declare that the provisions of the Terms are fair and reasonable and both parties having taken the opportunity to obtain independent legal advice and declare the Terms are not against public policy on the grounds of inequality or bargaining power or general grounds of restraint of trade.
If any part of these Terms is found to be void or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, that part shall be severed and the rest of the Terms shall remain in force.
Thank you for visiting and shopping at Dewey Mister Pty. Ltd. The following information sets out the terms and conditions that constitute our Shipping Policy.
1. Processing your Order
An email confirmation is sent to your e-mail address after placing your order. Please keep this e-mail as proof of your purchase.
2. Shipment Processing Time
Processing time refers to the time it takes for us to prepare your order for shipping.
After your payment is authorized and verified, all orders are processed within 2. We will contact you for some reason if there are any delays.
3. Shipment Locations
3.1. Domestic and International
Dewey Mister Pty. Ltd ships domestically as well as internationally. If you have a question about domestic or international deliveries, please contact us at [email protected]
4. Shipment rates and delivery estimates
We endeavor to get your order to you as soon as possible. Once your order is placed, an estimated delivery time will be provided to you. Delivery times are estimates and commence from the date of shipment, rather than the date of order. Delivery times are to be used as a guide only and are subject to the acceptance and approval of your order. Estimated arrival dates are not guaranteed. Weather delays and other unforeseen circumstances may impact delivery time. Unless there are exceptional circumstances, we make every effort to fulfill your order.
(a) Standard Shipping
The order will arrive within 5 business days.
(b) Express Shipping
The order will arrive within 2-3 business days.
Note: Subject to placing your order before specific cut-off times.
4. 1. Please note:
(a) Business day means Monday to Friday, except holidays.
(b) Orders are not shipped or delivered on weekends or holidays.
(c) Date of delivery may vary due to carrier shipping practices, delivery location, method of delivery, and the items ordered.
(d) When placing your order, we consider these factors when calculating the Estimated Delivery Date:
(i) Transit Time: The amount of time it takes your order to leave our distribution center and arrive at the local delivery carrier.
(ii) Weight factor: Shipping costs are based on the weight of your order and the delivery method. To find out how much your order will cost, simple add the items you would like to purchase to your cart and proceed to the checkout page. Once at the checkout screen, shipping charges will be displayed.
(e) Due to Blackouts, Lockdowns, Strikes, Natural disasters. , packages to and from our facility in Milton Queensland may be delayed. We appreciate your patience during this time.
(f) We will not be responsible for the wrong shipping address if you provide incorrect information.
(g) In-store pickup dates vary based on product availability.
5. Tracking Options
Dewey Mister Pty. Ltd aims to provide visibility and transparency throughout the shipment process. Once your order is confirmed and shipped, you will receive a link to track your package.
5. 1. Domestic and International
All orders delivered within Australia automatically have tracking.
International orders are sent with DHL. This service comes with tracking and your tracking number will be sent to you once it has been posted. If we are requested to make alternative shipping arrangements we cannot guarantee tracking and will not be responsible for the delivery of orders sent internationally.
6. International Customs, Duties, and Taxes
All orders shipping to a destination outside of Australia is subject to the import duties, fees, and taxes of the destination country. Delays in delivery may occur if your package is randomly selected by your country’s Customs Department. Dewey Mister Pty. Ltd is not responsible for any possible customs and taxes applied to your order. We have no control over the process or additional charges associated with the delivery and importation of your order (package) into your country. We do not benefit in any way from these chargers and we work very closely with our brokers and carriers to ensure as few delays as possible. All fees imposed during or after shipping are the responsibility of the customer. You agree that you are responsible for any duty, taxes, and customs requirements or others like taxes, fees, levies, costs, or expenses associated with importing products you purchase from us and shipping them internationally.
If there is any damage to the packaging on delivery, contact us immediately at 1300 945 674.
8. Missing or Lost Package
There are several reasons why a package gets lost or becomes a delivery exception. We’ve found that more often than not, the package is either in the building or with a neighbor. Dewey Mister Pty. Ltd politely requests that customers look in common courier hiding spots. Please take a look around and let us know if you find it. If you haven’t located your order, please contact us at 1300 945 674 to report missing or lost packages.
If you have any questions about the delivery and shipment of your order, please see our FAQ page or contact us at 1300 945 674.