Cloning cannabis can be a great way to propagate your favourite strains and create genetically identical plants. Don’t forget the time saved waiting for seeds to sprout and grow through the veg stage your generally save weeks in some cases months. Aeroponics is a type of hydroponics system that uses a nutrient-rich mist to grow plants in a soilless environment. Here are the top 10 tips for successful cloning cannabis using aeroponics:
- Choose the right strain: Not all cannabis strains are easy to clone. Some strains have a higher success rate when it comes to cloning, so it’s important to choose the right one.
- Use healthy mother plants: The health of your mother plant will directly affect the success of your clones. Choose a mother plant that is thriving and free from pests and diseases.
- Select the right cloning medium: There are a few different options for cloning mediums in an aeroponics system, including rockwool, coconut coir, and peat moss. Choose one that is sterile and has good water retention.
- Make sure your aeroponics system is properly sterilized: It’s important to keep your aeroponics system clean and free from pests and diseases. Be sure to sterilize all equipment before use to reduce the risk of contamination. Dewey recommends Sleeps with d fishes and it is made right here in Aus!
- Use a rooting hormone: Rooting hormones can help speed up the rooting process and increase the success rate of your clones. There are several types of rooting hormones available, including powders, gels, and liquids.
- I always recommend the use of a propagation booster such as Seed and Clone to add to the water, It is not essential, however, will increase the success rate.
- Trim the clones correctly: Proper trimming using sterile tools of the clones is crucial for successful rooting. Be sure to remove any excess leaves and trim the stem just below a node.
- Maintain the proper temperature and humidity levels: this is one of the most important parts of the cloning process. Clones require a specific range of temperature and humidity levels to thrive. Keep the temperature between 21-24°c and the humidity between 60-70%.
- Provide adequate light: Clones need plenty of light to grow, but be careful not to expose them to direct sunlight. Use fluorescent or LED lights to provide the necessary light without overheating the clones. We recommend the Pro Gro Model X LED light, specifically designed for cloning it’s priced well it’s cheap to run and it’s dimmable which is very important with different types of plants.
- Keep the water solution PH balanced: (5.7Ph) A properly balanced nutrient solution is essential for healthy cannabis clones. Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for the appropriate nutrient levels. We carry a number of different pH adjustment kits and testers.
By following these tips, you can increase your chances of success when cloning cannabis using aeroponics. With a little patience and attention to detail, you can propagate your favourite strains and create genetically identical plants that are healthy and thriving.